Rules and Regulations for Participation in Shade Tree Players Summer Theatre
We at Shade Tree Players (STP) highly value the skills that we have learned through our connection to theater and hope to pass that on to the students that we work with every summer. Communication, compromise, collaboration, teamwork and self-confidence are all things that can be gained through theater. We have set in place a policy to ensure that STP is a safe and respectful environment for everyone to learn, grow and play. Parents and students please look over the points below; if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Shade Tree Players Program Manager
- The Director will provide the rehearsal schedule. If you must miss a rehearsal, you will need to inform the Director prior to the missed rehearsal. The earlier we have that information, the better we can adapt to the change.
- There will be times when you are not actively rehearsing; we ask that you be respectful of your fellow actors who will be working. Please take this time to work on lines with other actors, draw pictures relating to the show or read a book. The most important thing is to do this quietly.
- During your down time there will be concessions for sale. The concessions are a privilege and it is the responsibility of the cast to clean up after themselves. If this becomes a problem, the cast will lose their concession privileges. Snacks and beverages (besides water in a covered container) are not allowed in the theatre; bringing these items into the theatre could be grounds for losing your personal concession privileges.
- Dakota Stage Ltd. (DSL) and STP are not responsible for lost, broken, or damages to materials or property. A good rule of thumb is, if you don’t want to lose it, don’t bring it to rehearsal.
- We value everyone’s time at STP and, as such, we will start and end rehearsal on time. Please be punctual and come ready to work. If you know you are going to be more than 10 minutes late please call your Assistant Director or Musical Director.
- As we understand that people work and that carpooling will be commonplace, please know that no child is allowed to be dropped off more than 15 minutes prior to the start of rehearsal. As every child needs to be supervised and we share our spaces with other places of business it is vital that this rule be followed. In addition, an adult will need to stay with the students until the last one is picked up at the end of rehearsal. Please pick up your child within 15 minutes of the end of rehearsal.
- While at rehearsal, you will not be able to leave the DSL lobby or the High Prarie hallway. While rehearsing at High Prairie we will use the Allegro Rehearsal Hall when available.
- Causing interference with the rehearsal process and/or not following directions of adults in charge (e.g., Directors, Musical Directors, Assistant Directors, Program Manager, Assistant Program Manager, Parent Team Lead, etc.), could be cause for removal from the production. As in the past, we will be using a warning slip system to regulate these guidelines. If three warnings are given we will contact the parents and send a written warning home with the student. The parent must sign the sheet before the child is allowed back to rehearsals.
- Please do not touch or play with anyone else’s property, especially if it is used as costume or a prop. This rule applies to all costumes and property of DSL and STP, unless otherwise instructed.
- This summer is an opportunity to work together, build friendships and entertain our community. We at STP and DSL look forward to making this the best summer yet! If at any time you need anything, no matter how small, please feel free to contact the STP office at 701-214-1061.