Greetings from Dakota Stage,
The technical aspects of the theater are an integral part of Dakota Stage and Shade Tree Players productions, as well as the other community events hosted at Dakota Stage. We are seeking to install a new stage lighting system to replace the existing system which is inadequate in scope and that has been pieced together over the years.
Dakota Stage will submit a grant application later this month for assistance in funding the lighting system, which has an estimated total cost of $23,300. As a part of the application, we are asked in what other ways funding is being sought for the project. We would like to be able to note that Dakota Stage has already raised a portion of the needed funds for the lighting system from its patrons and artists that would be combined with the grant funding. This is why we are writing to you today.
We respectfully ask you to join us in donating to the Dakota Stage lighting system upgrade project. All donations received by 6:00 pm on June 25th will be counted in the matching donations to be noted in the grant application (deadline for submission is June 30).
Why do we want to do this?
- This lighting system will fundamentally change how shows are seen at Dakota Stage and would be a long-lasting upgrade.
- The new system will also be able to run sound cues and projections.
- The projectors that are a part of the package are increasingly becoming common to use in theater and the new lighting console uses projection technology to integrate these new technologies.
- A new lighting system will also allow the use of upgraded LED lighting making its ongoing costs much more economical.
- Our facility is also used by other non-profits groups for presentations and meetings. This update will make it safer more user-friendly for these outside groups to use the equipment.
Large or small, any amount will help the project and will be greatly appreciated.
You can donate by:
- Clicking on the "DONATE NOW" button below.
- Mail a check made out to Dakota Stage to 412 E Main Ave, Bismarck ND 58501. (Note "lighting" on the memo line.)
- Call the theater at 701-258-4998 and donate using Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
- Stop by Dakota Stage in person.
Thank you for your support of Dakota Stage and the Bismarck-Mandan arts community!
Dakota Stage Ltd. Board of Directors
Dakota Stage Ltd is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit, and your donations are tax deductible.